Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Pilgrim Book Review: A Million Steps by Koontz







I was quite happy to have been able to get this when Amazon had it on sale for quite cheap in e book form. When I first saw it, the font reminded of well known Author Dean Koontz, but it is not written by him. It is by Kurt Koontz who is a 40 something American who walked the Camino in October 2012.  (The same year I walked my first Camino) I really enjoyed this book. So much so that I read it much to quickly. I am planning on re-reading it shortly.  He did a very fine job writing about the practical journey as well as his emotional one.  He touched quite a bit on the subject of being non -judgmental both of himself and others as well, which helped him meet people and have experiences he may not have otherwise.  A good lesson to emulate in my own life. He seemed to have had such joy on his Camino. It is very helpful in showcasing the day to day of a being a pilgrim. Especially how you seem to run into the same people over and over, even when you are sure you said your last goodbye. Iloved that he not only named his walking stick, but was very attached to it.  It was neat to read descriptions of both places I had been, and those that I have yet to see.  He also included pictures-  of other pilgrims he met along the way, buildings, scenery.  So far it is my favorite book that I have read on the pilgrimage, and would highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment