Monday, August 3, 2015

New Kit: Socks!

Is there anything better than getting a package in the mail? Normally its just bills and all that jazz so to get something you want is a real treat. A sure sign of a long distance walker/trekker/peregrino is a fascination with socks I think. I am not sure if I have a funny gait, but I tend to get blisters on the bottom of my left foot I guess it would be called the ball. I am much too lazy to go with the whole two sock system, that's twice the laundry in the Albergue. So I have been on a search for new socks. I was looking for Coolmax socks, with extra padding and lo an behold found just what I was looking for at my guilty pleasure Sierra trading post. They were on a good discount, as it says comestic 2nd but I didn't see anything wrong with them. They wore great on my weekend long walk of 14k.  Though I think if I kept going I may have developed a hot spot, but that could be do to the fact I haven't walked that far in quite a while.  I love when

Also got a strip of duct tape! Can't go anywhere without it and it was like 70 cents. 
Where I walked on Sunday Another weirdly cool cloudy day. 

Sunflowers are out

As are falcons

It was sunny for like 15 minutes but I was able to get this hummingbird


No comments:

Post a Comment