Saturday, August 8, 2015

Learning Spanish

I was pretty down that I wasn't able to go on Camino this year. But I did make a list of silver linings of good things I could do in the meantime, and be grateful that I have ever been able to go at all. One of the items was to learn Spanish.



I have been listening to these for awhile and highly recommend them. The best thing is I find them easy to stick with as I am able to do them while doing something else - folding laundry, walking etc. I started at the very beginning as I think my college Spanish was too long ago.  I am surprised how much I have learned.

Since it is just digital and not written I was also looking for a way to increase my reading ability. I found a copy of Tom Sawyer in Spanish but it was way above my pay grade. 

Luckily I found the following books at our library sale.
Kids books in both English and Spanish!


Here is a page on one side is the Spanish and the other is the english. Way better than trying to learn by using the google translate button on things!

This one has the story twice, once in each language. I am now keeping my eye out for more!



No comments:

Post a Comment