Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Happy St James Day!

St James was this past Saturday. One day I would love to visit Santiago for the celebrations, but really crowds that large are hard for me to take.   I recently had decided to try and keep up  Camino habits in my day to day life and went on a couple of walks, only about 12k each as it really gets pretty hot quiet quickly. I really want to toughen up my feet, as the only niggle injury I have had on camino is a couple of blisters. So it was hot which was hard, but also good to really work on my choice of footwear/ sock combination. This time of year I like to stick to roads, as I am terrifed of snakes that can be lurking under bushes. Luckily I live near some roads that I never see traffic on.  I also made a version of Santiago Cake for my family and I took a photo, but it looked terrible  in the picture.  I can easily see why there are jobs such as a food stylists.

I love this catherdral. I wish I was there, but its fun to look at old photos. THis was from Late May 2014. I am hoping that when I return, the much needed repairs will be finished, so the scaffolding can come down.

It is a nice wide road, easy to see rattlers. Though, I have only seen one dead one this whole summer. 

I love the desert. Its easy to see where the water runs during monsoons, as it will be a darker green.  
Some Night Shade Silverleaf are still hanging on.

As are the desert Marigold, its a bit late for them too. 

Turkey buzzard doing his thng. 

ugh, obligatory selfie. I really like to wear long sleeves with the added Uv protection, so I don't have to mess with sunblock as much. i am sporting my camino buff, which I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment