Monday, March 17, 2014

Training

Time flies, as did my goal to write 5x a week. How did time go by so quickly?  I can't believe that I am going on Camino in less then six weeks. My personality is sadly such that I keep expecting something bad to happen, and I won't be able to go.

Having that said, I getting pretty excited. I have got a few new things for my kit, I'll make a post of them now and then agian after the Camino to see how they fared. I have also been on several long walk in consecutive days, as I think that is the hardest thing of the camino for me. Due to time constraints I won't have many (if any) really days of rest. I didn't last time either. I think the lack of recovery time is quite hard. Its also diffucult to replicate, while I have been able to do 7-8-7-8 mile walks back to back, on the Via de la plata I will need to do twice that. But at least that will be my job for the day. Thank goodness for Audible, its a bit boring walking just to walk and not get anywhere. I am also going to be starting a bit of upperbody work as well, though I haven't yet.

Oh I have lost a bit of wieght,  I would like to lose 8-9 more lbs. (its more than originally stated as I was more than originally thought) but that may be a tall order due to the amount of time between now and then. If I can't fit my fancy dancy hiking pants I wlll be in quite the dilema, as I really don't want to spend more money on gear and would like to save it all.

Oh, I have decided I much prefer camelbak to the waistback as least that model keep slipping when the water bottles were full.

buen camino!

No comments:

Post a Comment